Rosedale Traditional Community School is a compassionate community of learners who CARE and nurture a culture of kindness and acceptance,
ENGAGE in active and innovate experiences, and INSPIRE curiosity, discovery and achievement.
Care ~ Engage ~ Inspire
May 29, 2020
Good morning Raven Families. Here is your Friday update, a little earlier than usual. I will apologize in advance as it is also a little longer than usual! Weekly Art and Applied Skills Challenges are attached. Please don't forget to checkout Mr. Bartel's video on Facebook or on Teams.
Before digging into this email, please know that we are so excited to be bringing additional students onsite next week. We are hopeful that it will be a really positive experience for all as well as provide a bookend to the school year. For those of you who have made the decision to continue with your remote learning routines, we are fully supportive of this decision too. Families need to determine what works best and as a school, we will come alongside and support.
All of our staff have been working hard to create the safest possible environment. The following is important information for the return to onsite learning.
Pick-Up and Drop Off:
- The hours of instructional time remain the same 8:00 a.m. – 1:48 p.m.
- Buses are running the usual routes.
- Student drop off time will begin at 7:45 a.m. Please do not drop off before this time as there will not be supervision and the playground is closed during this time.
- When you are able, please say your farewells in the drop-off lane or parking lot. We are trying to avoid extra congestion in front of classroom doors.
- Elementary students are asked to report directly to their outside classroom door.
- Middle school students will be checked-in through the main entrance where they will be asked some basic health screening questions. They will wash their hands and then proceed to their classroom.
- We have implemented staggered dismissals. Students getting picked-up will be dismissed first and bus students soon after.
- The playground will not be available for students before or after school. Sorry!
What to Bring:
- K to Grade 3 - a lunch kit, a water bottle and weather appropriate clothing. We will be outside lots. No backpacks please.
- Grade 4 to Grade 8 – a backpack with a lunch, water bottle, academic material and your own device when possible.
- Inside shoes are not required. We are hoping to remain fairly active, it would be great if all students attending in their running shoes.
- Uniform - Yes, we are back to school…so we are also back to wearing our uniforms.
Rules of Physical Distancing:
- The rules for physical distancing have been modified by the Provincial Health Officer.
- For adults, the recommendation is still to maintain a 2 metre separation.
- For children, the recommendation is for no physical contact. Although this message is not new for our students, we will be reminding and strictly enforcing our “hands-off” policy.
Classroom and Hallway Set-Up:
- We have minimized the numbers of students who will be in a classroom and hallways.
- There is directional and informational signage throughout the building.
- Our teachers have been creating classrooms that are both inviting as well as limit exposure. Please prep your students so that they know that it will look different.
Recess and Lunch times:
- Recess and lunch times will be staggered.
- Elementary students will have access to the playground at both recess and lunch.
- Middle School students will have access to our back field and large gym along with some equipment sign out.
- All students will eat their lunch at their desk.
- Mr. Walker has the library up and running. Students will be able to sign out a book or two over the month of June.
- This will take place regularly throughout the day.
- As soon as a student enters the building, before they leave and lots of times in between.
- We are going to all be handwashing experts!
Use of Personal Masks:
- Please let your student(s) know that these are a personal choice.
- We may have some staff and students who opt to wear a mask.
- As mentioned before, our Middle School students will be asked some basic health screening questions before they sign-in at the main entrance.
- By sending your elementary aged child to school each day, as a parent, you are confirming that you have screened your child and they do not show any symptoms of COVID19. For symptoms, please check the following link: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/about-covid-19/symptoms
- The bottom line, for everyone’s safety, please do not send your student if they are sick.
- The level of online learning will continue to look very much the same for our middle school students.
- Online learning for elementary students will be different as teachers will have students in front of them for full days Monday through Thursday. Friday is the day that has been designated to provide some online resources/ lessons for students and families.
As always, if you have questions, please contact us here at the school.